Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One of my favorite Christmas gifts.

I don't know why, but I've wanted a globe for a long time. Kev acquired a big map from work this summer that we tacked up in the living room, and it satisfied my globe craving for a while.

Additionally, I picked up a France atlas at WSU's book sale this fall and plan to use the maps for all sorts of projects (in the past I've made great use of maps customizing frames).

For Christmas, I hit the jackpot. Kev did some thrifting and surprised me with this absolute beauty.

Its condition is exceptional, and the globe rotates perfectly on its axis within the wooden frame. I love it so much that I put away the Christmas decorations earlier than usual so I could have space to display this. It complements the existing decor in the living room and it just makes me happy to look at it.
Merry Christmas to me.

No comments: