Monday, February 22, 2010

There's a bluebird on my shoulder.

The baby's room has a big bush outside the window (in my neighbor's yard) that is home to many sweet little songbirds. I love hearing them in the mornings and I've been thinking of putting some bird-like elements in the nursery/library (which is what we hope the room will eventually become).


I've searched Etsy and I want to use my finds there to direct my thrift store shopping in the future. Kev insists that if I'm looking for vintage, I should go right to the source.


This set of "songbirds" from ArtMind's Etsy shop is so cute. I love the personalities of each bird in the set. Slightly whimsical but not too girly.


The crackle finish almost gives them the look of stone, which I really love. And their spindly little legs are just so cute!

My other favorite find is this yellow sparrow with copper legs. If I really wanted to go all out (we're talking $40+ all out) I'd add this in a heart beat. The baby's room was painted in golden yellow tones (thank Kev) before we even thought about making it a baby's room. This sparrow would be such great highlight of the darker tone in the room. It will also complement the gold leaf art I picked up from DI and plan to put in the room as well.




This sparrow and other ceramic gems can be found at organicermanic's Etsy shop. Stop by and fall in love with sweet trinkets (which are lead-free, food safe and microwave/dishwasher safe).

1 comment:

mary plus vince said...

i ADORE both! and the first set -- i really did think it was stone! so pretty. can't wait to see more of the baby girls/libray room!