Friday, December 18, 2009

I almost started to believe I was imagining this sofa.

At the end of 2009, IKEA had a promo on a three-piece living room set referred to as KLAMBY. It was a sofa, loveseat and chair for $699. I didn't pay any attention to it because I don't have that kind of space in my living room for a set.

However, one day while passing time in Draper (I'm pretty sure Seth and Kev were doing man stuff so I decided to go to IKEA), I sat down on a KARLSVIK sofa to browse the new 2010 IKEA catalogue.

I really loved the sofa. It was petit and had nice lines- I noticed it wasn't as modern or moduar looking like a lot of the other IKEA couches. It also didn't come across as too stuffy either.

Since sitting on that sofa, I had no luck finding it in the 2010 catalogue or online. It made me crazy! It wasn't until I went back to IKEA with friends Bethany and Natalia that I verified the KARLSVIK sofa does indeed exist. I even made the girls sit on it with me so I could prove to myself that it was true.

It's currently listed for $299 and I've been talking about it to Kev non-stop since my first encounter. I did some research online and discovered that I missed a Black Friday opportunity to get the KARLSVIK for $199. Bummer. I guess it was worth sleeping in though.

I keep trying to imagine it in my living room with my discounted, tent-sale red couch. I'm so over the college chairs I've been using as supplemental seating and I'm ready to add a more substantial mate for the existing couch.

This weekend Kev will be putting his own bum on it to see if it's worth saving up for. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

The Bluemel Family said...

I found your blog because I was looking up info on this sofa. I thought it looked like a decent find for the price, but can't find much about it online. I was wondering if you bought it and if so what your opinion was.

Liv said...

I did end up getting it right after my daughter was born so we'd have more seating in the living room for guests. I have LOVED it. It has even stayed amazingly clean despite all the kids crawling on it.