Monday, August 24, 2009

Sometimes I feel like I'm not preppy enough for J. Crew

When I visited the J.Crew outlet in Freeport I didn't find many clothes that were worth trying (due to prices). Usually I find at least one item on the clearance rack that suits my budget and style but I was out of luck (so Mary, you don't have to be jealous!).

I did, however, find two hair accessories at the outlet that I decided to take home as mementos of my trip to the seashore.

I found a barrette with three black flowers clustered together and a white elastic with a delicate puffy flowery snow-flake like thing on it. Doesn't it sound lovely? I think so. My brother's dog liked it so much he tried to eat it out of my hand.

Since I am unable to locate these items on the J.Crew retail website, I'm afraid I'll have to tempt with with a couple of other items instead. And of course, one of these items has a much higher price tag than I can justify...


It is quite sparkly and lovely though, isn't it?

Since my friend Zjani cut my hair earlier this summer, I've put forth more effort to love it and style it and change it up throughout the week. I have found that having an assortment of inexpensive ponytail holders can easily add some glam and interest to a plain ol' pulled back hairdo.

Golden Cluster Elastic $16.50

This one is much to my liking. Kev and I actually bumped into a clearance rack at Smith's grocery with 10 for $10 hair accessories and he helped me pick out some quality yet inexpensive accents for my hair (what a great friend he is, yes?).

It goes to show that you can spend a little or a lot and get gems either way. Whether you spend $6.50 on a white fluffy flowery snowflake thing or $1 on a giant pink flower thing (one of my Smith's finds), you can look and feel great. I don't know why a little clip or flower makes such a big difference, but it does.

2 comments:

h said...

J. Crew's non-sale items are out of my price range, too :(

However, I've found a decent alternative to their $98 cords. Lands End sells slim ("Audrey") cords for $35 and they often have free-shipping specials and the like.

Liv said...

Thanks for tip! It's time to update my cords that I've had for years... or at least get a new color.