Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Natural Balance

My dog has a highly sensitive stomach. There have been stretches of time she's gone on a hunger strike and then proceeded to throw up... nothing... in great quantities.

Thinking she might have an allergy to chicken, I moved her over to an allergy-friendly brand of dog food- Natural Balance.

It has a minimal amount of ingredients in an attempt to be gentle on sensitive dog tummies. Maddie took a liking to it and has had less trouble if she stays on a regular feeding schedule. She also adores the treats that come in a variety of flavors. The Roll-A-Rounds makes her drool.

Due to her oral surgery, she's supposed to be on soft foods for five days. I soaked a few bites of her regular, crunchy food in water before opening up a can what, apparently, smells like the best thing in the world to Maddie. She's never had wet dog food before (from a can) and holy smokes that dog almost helped herself to the entire can I had left open on the counter.

I turned my back to get a fork and I hear Maddie attempting to crawl up the cabinets to get to the food. I missed the teeniest tiniest forkfull of the wet food with her softened bites and needless to say, it's been a success getting her nourishment even with the sensitivity in her mouth.

Thank you, Natural Balance. Your products are so good for my dog that I'm blogging about it. That means a heck of a lot.

No comments: