Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Why pay more when you can pay less?

There's a Banana Republic outlet in my hometown of Freeport. That's usually the only time I shop BP. If you haven't noticed, it's fairly expensive. Good quality (usually) but expensive.

When I visit Freeport I always stop by the BP outlet for a fragrance or clearance-priced skirt. There's an outlet in Park City that I hope to check out soon too.

I got an email from BP and decided to browse their site. I found this beautiful bib necklace and although I didn't find an exact match at Forever21, I found a few less expensive necklaces that I think are comparable in effect.

Banana Republic Glam bib necklace $69



Forever21 Round cluster beads $8.80



Forever21 Antique beaded necklace $5.80


Forever21 Triple strand leaf necklace $10.80


It just goes to show that with a little time, you can easily find alternatives to items you initially fall for in higher-end stores.

I promise.

No comments: