Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Out of the Wild; The Alaska Experiment

Kev and I love this show. It airs Tuesday nights on the Discovery Channel at 10pm E/P. We watch the free reruns on demand on Sundays.

First of all, most of the participants are originally east coasters. That means they have accents. I love their accents. It reminds me of home.

Secondly, I get so wrapped up in their plight to trek across Alaska in search of what may end up being a completely dilapidated shelter with no food or a place to sleep away from the elements. I love getting that involved in a show.

It's heart-wrenching to watch them share a field mouse between 7 people. And they're always so cold. I feel so badly for them.

The show also gets bonus points for not being a typical "reality" drama. It feels pretty real, so even if it's 100% staged they're doing a great job.

I think it's taking a short hiatus right now, but when it's back I'm looking forward to seeing how they do at their next shelter. Check it out!

No comments: