Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I don't even have a phone with Internet, let alone an iPhone.

I am really happy with my $50 Samsung phone that is two years old. It doesn't have the Internet, and it doesn't have a touch screen. It's just a phone. I make calls with it and I send picture/text messages. For less than $60/month, it's a plan I'm super happy to have and T-mobile will have to pry my 1500-minute plan from my cold, dead fingers before I'll switch to anything else.

As happy as I am with my current phone situation, I still love this gadget. It's pink and sparkly and has nostalgia perfectly paired with updated technology.


The coolest part is that it's not just a docking station; it is a functioning phone once you plug in the iPhone. I know the point of a cell is to have mobility, but seriously, what's wrong with slowing down for a minute and charging your phone while you sit by the window and make a call like in the good ol' days?

Remember what that was like? Having to sit somewhere in your house during a phone call? Sit in ONE PLACE for the whole conversation? Or run the chord from the kitchen down the hall into the bathroom so your little brother would leave you alone while you talked to boys? With this docking station you can relive those days once again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will not lie...I love this. I have SERIOUSLY contemplated this addition my stock of gadgets. If only it wasn't pink. Won't lie in saying if it was yellow...I would have an entire blog post about how rockin' this is in my life. Ah...technology and the ability to take us back 20 years! ;)

yourstrulydear said...

soo cute!