Thursday, June 24, 2010

You may call me a hypocrite if you'd like.

I don't like the smell of roses. Also, I think they're kind of plain. It's funny that I think that about roses because my favorite flower is a daisy- which is extremely plain.

Regardless of how I feel about roses, I still accept them. Kev gave me a rose once, and only once. Poor guy.

His dad also brought me a few roses when he brought over the Irises last week. This single red rose did such a good job of convincing me of its beauty that I ended up putting it on my bedside table.

Tricky little flower; getting the best of me. I guess you can say I'm a sucker for flowers, regardless of what variety. I'm telling you though, the fresh flower bug really did catch me in May. I'm afraid I can never go back to NOT having blooms in my house. It's one of my new favorite things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree about roses -- well, I don't find them plain, but I find them way overused.

And I'm 100% supportive of your "fresh flowers constantly" edict. I imagine that's how rich people live. You must be rich! :)

Liv said...

Of COURSE I'm rich. That's why my husband doesn't work.