Friday, June 11, 2010

Thrifting is one of my favorite things.

Kev and I both love thrift shopping.

The only reason he ran an errand with me last week was because my destination was next door to DI, the thrift store operated by the LDS church.

I'm so glad he decided to come because we ended up finding a beauty of a chair for only $25.

The only problem was that we had driven to DI in Kev's two-door Tercel. Not exactly a furniture-moving kind of car. My lovely Kev let me sit in the chair in DI while he drove all the way home for my car so we could get this chair.

That's why we make a great team; I get to sit around while Kev does the hard work.

For now our new red chair lounges in the living room of the PH. Long-term, it will find a home in the second bedroom and provide a comfy resting spot when feeding my Pilates buddy and attempting to get her to fall asleep. It has a high back which is perfect for resting our sleepy heads while the baby attempts to deprive us of our sanity.

Maddie looks pretty good in it right now, doesn't she?

PS don't forget to become a follower so we can have a giveaway worth $40!

2 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

That is awesome! I love it. You guys can find the best stuff at thrift stores. It will look so nice against the yellow in the baby's room.

Amanda said...

That is the exact same chair my grandma has had since... I don't know, forever. She had them reupholstered a few years ago, and they are beautiful. I love the style of that chair, and I have often wished that I might inherit her's someday.

Awesome find. I never find anything at DI.