Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sharing is caring!

Kev and I browsed some TOMS shoes at The Gateway Mall in April and I was not impressed with the selection... I know I'm a bit of a shoe snob, but seriously, all the styles were ugly. The mission of TOMS shoes though is to provide a pair of shoes to someone in need every time a pair is purchased, which is beautiful. So I've resisted the urge to tell everyone how ugly I think the shoes are. I've only told a few people.

I decided to look at the website to see if I've just overlooked some better styles that exist. I'm really glad I visited the TOMS site because they actually have great wedges that appeal to me much more than the popular canvas flats. Some of the designs on the flats are alright, but in person I really don't like how they're constructed. There just too granola.

This navy striped pair is much more doable for me. It's a summery style and it's a little more sophisticated than the flats, but still casual enough for jeans, bermuda shorts or a sundress. I know granola is the whole point of TOMS, but I'm happy to see that other options are also available for a snobby East coaster like me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha! I so agree Liv! I love the idea of Tom's but I can't stomach the look. U-G-L-Y! So glad to know that I am not alone! Cute wedges. Maybe there is some redepmtion in those. Maybe.