Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I am probably the worst home maker ever because I'm never home.

I'm usually too tired to even think about cooking after work. I also come home so beyond starving that I don't have the patience to prepare a "real" meal anyway.

Sundays are usually the only day I have energy and time to get something good cooked up. It's depressing, but it's better than nothing.

A few weeks ago I talked Kev into letting me try a random recipe that I'd seen posted on someone's Facebook status. It seemed like the perfect recipe for a lazy homemaker such as myself:

Step 1- put frozen chicken breasts in crock pot
Step 2- cover with salsa
Step 3- cook in crock pot
Step 4- eat it

I only cooked the breasts for 3 ish hours and they were done to perfection. Kev and I sprinkled some cheese on top and I broke up a taco shell for my plate. The only other change I made was to add canned pineapple bites to the crock pot because I love a little fruity zing in salsa. It was so good that between the two of us, Kev and I ate all three chicken breasts in one sitting.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

yourstrulydear said...

umm story of my life about never wanting to cook. i'm so tired when i get home that i am just pooped. sounds like a good recipe!

UIO said...

I saw your comment on 20sb. What kind of giveaway are you trying to host?