Monday, April 19, 2010

I always worry about getting mugged at the Weber County Library, but I keep going back..

I checked out 7 books three weeks ago. I'd like to recommend the ones that didn't suck:

Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
Change of Heart by Jodie Picoult
The Crowning Glory of Calla Lilly Ponder by Rebecca Wells
Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner (so-so)

Also, I purchased Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See and absolutely loved it.

The Jodi Picoult books are kind of emotionally charged, much like the novel by Rebecca Wells. I probably should not have read them while pregnant. Much sad/happy crying occurred. Rebecca Wells also wrote Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood, which I haven't read, but I saw the movie on a bus once.

Lisa See's book was amazing. I could not put it down. I even had dreams about having my feet bound that woke me up freaked out in the night.

I'm happy my thirst to read for fun has start resurfaced. I realized how tired I was getting of watching TV in my spare time instead of curling up with a book. Now that the weather is warming up, I look forward to taking them outside with me under the apple tree. Books make me think so much more than HGTV or reruns of America's Next Top Model.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up my shows entirely. Just switching gears for a while.

1 comment:

Dixie said...

I just started reading again a little while ago. I actually started to take the girls with me to the North Ogden library. I hated everyone wanting to stop and talk to us at the Main library. Not trying to be rude, but honestly I don't want everyone getting up in their faces. I've found a few great books and read The Great Gatsby again. I forgot how great that book was!