Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm all about longevity.


Since Kev and I are expecting a baby in August, I've just barely started to look at what we're going to need.

Let me just say- there is a LOT of stuff babies need. I'm scared. The Pink House is going to be bursting at the seams if Kev and I don't get our acts together and organize non-stop for the next 6 months.

Anyway. I browsed IKEA briefly a few weeks ago and fell in love with this idea of a crib. It has 2 levels for baby, which is a very common feature for cribs. I understand it keeps baby from falling out after learning how to stand up and be tall and stuff.

Additionally, this crib converts into a toddler bed when baby no longer needs to sleep behind bars. Awesome. Also, there is an attachment to put under the crib that serves as a drawer you can nudge open and closed with your toe. Probably your baby toe because it's so smooth. I think that's such a great idea for storage.

While I'm not crazy in love with this actual crib, the design is genius. It will save me and Kev money in the long run, and sneaky storage drawers will save my sanity when it comes to organizing the small room baby will share with all of our bookshelves.

Sorry baby, you don't get your own room just yet.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

We shopped a long time for cribs and were very picky about quality. We ended up buying from USA Baby in Taylorsville. They by far had the best selection of good-quality cribs.

Olivia Carter said...

I have this crib but in white for my daughter & I love, love, loved it. She's outgrown even the toddler bed part of it but it was a great bed, held together well, & looked nice (especially compared to some in the same price range). I still have it saved for our next.

Matt and Alissa said...

I am about to convert Belle's bed into a toddler bed. I love this idea. The back also becomes a head board for a full sized bed, but it doesn't have the drawer. That is something that I would love. I am always for nifty, sneaky storage ideas. Great find.