Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Delight in Vintage Hem

I found a great alternative to wearing leggings and tights under a short dress or skirt. I actually own a pair of leggings that I have yet to wear. They just don't look right. It's so sad.

So, along comes Cardigan Empire to show me the light. Instead of always wearing tights or leggings (which I think are a great option in many cases) you can layer a Vintage Hem under your outfit.I actually did a similar thing to the dress I wore at my wedding reception- I had my mother-in-law sew some black lace to the flounce in my skirt to lengthen it for modesty. It turned out great, especially since she added the lace elsewhere on the dress to unify it.

The idea of adding a slip that not only keeps the skirt/dress from clinging but adds length too is awesome. Why didn't I think of that?

Check out all of the great vintage hems and don't forget to enter Cardigan Empire's giveaway!

1 comment:

mary plus vince said...

i discovered vintage hem awhile back, and i ADORE them! i haven't purchased any yet because they are a bit out of my price range, but i copied the idea and wore a lacey skirt under another dress and it was cute! i've also considered making my own...so we'll see how well that goes! ha!