Sunday, September 27, 2009

A collection of some of my favorite things in the Pink House.

Welcome to the first thing you see when you walk into my kitchen. Allow me to show you some items in detail.

When some offices moved around on the WSU campus, it meant that a lot of abandoned items were up for grabs: office furniture, trash cans, and random cookware/flatware/dishes in the break rooms.

I got these tins. At the PH, they house candles, apple cider mix, mail, and dog bones. They match perfectly with the WSU library desk Kev got for me out of a dumpster.

This month, I finally found a gravy boat and saucer that I love. It's from Etsy, of course. I purchased it from A Touch of Vintage, and I couldn't be happier with it. Now I no longer have to serve syrups and sauces from my Pyrex measuring cup (this gravy boat is actually a Pryex product from back in the day).

When the Harrisville D.I. opened up (to replace the tiny one in Ogden) Kev, Paul and I ventured over on the day of its grand-opening. I'm glad I did, even if I had to sacrifice eating dinner on time.

I found these white pillar candle holders for a deal. I love thrifting.

They live in the bathroom for now. Because... it's a practical place for candles.

What are some of your favorite items in YOUR house?

1 comment:

Matt and Alissa said...

My dishes match your gravy bowl. That is a small world. My favorite thing in my house is my desk/sewing/craft table.