Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bare Minerals

I love it.

Although, I am kicking myself for not just trying the grocery-store-counterpart Fresh Minerals- which is $20 cheaper and comes with an eye collection. My girl Ashley said that's what she uses and her skin looks amazing. Note to self: always talk with Ashley about make-up before taking the plunge.

Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase. After only three days I see a difference in my skin. It's smoother. It has better color. I adore the warming powder. It brightens up my skin tone and brings the right amount of warmth to my otherwise extremely pale skin. Once I run out, I think I'll switch right over to the Fresh Minerals collection. It's available at Smith's Grocery, which is so much more convenient than driving through Riverdale traffic to visit Ulta.

Lesson learned: Bare Minerals is worth it, but its price tag is not compatible with me for the long-haul.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I have always wanted to try this stuff, but have been wary of the price tag. Update us on how the Fresh Mineral line works for you!

I have uneven skin (under eyes and freckles and whatnot) and I've worried that the loose powder consistency wouldn't provide enough coverage. Thoughts?

Liv said...

I was worried about the powder too, until I got made up at the store by a counter lady and saw the uneven spots go away.

The kit comes with a small brush that is meant for applying the powder to tough spots. I've noticed it is covering up blemishes and lightening under my eyes well. The small brush is stiffer than the regular applicators and does a great job of applying the powder.