Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's in a book, so take a look

I've started reading again! Although I still haven't finished Gilead, which I borrowed from Kristie months ago... I finished Laura Hillenbrand's Seabiscuit over the weekend and am working through Julie and Julia, which is the book by Julie Powell that became the movie directed by Nora Ephron.

Next up will be My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

It feels good to spend about an hour each day reading for the heck of it.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Have you ever read House of Spirits by Isabel Allende? Favorite book. All of her books are great! Let me know if you like Julie & Julia, it's on my list.

I've uh, started reading again. As of yesterday. MAN I've missed it! I am finally picking up Life of Pi again.

Matt and Alissa said...

I have totally been wanting to email you all week about a book/series I am readingt. It is the Emily series by L. M. Montgomery. I know you love Anne of Green Gables, so I think you will like these books. There is a chance you have read them. I am full heartily endorsing them. The character is a similar one to Anne. Of course there is lots of descriptive language too (it wouldn't be an L. M. Montgomery book with out it).
Also, one of my favorite books of all time is another one of her books, "Blue Castles". The main character is different from Anne and Emily. It is such a good book and I love everything about it. It is a short book, only a few hundred pages. Let me know if you want to borrow it.
Another good series is the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series. It's the next Harry Potter. It is really good and I love how the author incorporated Greek Mythology into modern day. Fun reads. Okay, that is all.