Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I hate the super-mannequins, but the clothes are worth the annoying marketing ploy

I got this cross-front tank in black from Old Navy's clearance for $4. Boo-yah! I already had GAP's version in white (from the Park City outlet!) and I love love love how it feels when I'm teaching pilates. I'm not constantly pulling it down or adjusting the straps. It has a built-in bra, so for ladies like myself who have a modest B-cup, it's a good thing. The less layers I have to wear while working out, the better.


I also picked up this twill blazer while I was browsing the clearance and it fit like a dream. I'm a big fan of Old Navy's light-weight jackets (I have different styles in green and hot pink too) so whenever I find one for under $20, I usually go for it. This is more expensive online, so if you have the time I suggest digging through the clearance section in person. It's so worth it. A blazer can dress up an outfit for going out, or just be the finishing touch on your work ensemble.


Last but not least, I scored a $10 sweater before calling it a day. I know it's too warm now for even a light sweater, but this will be a great punch of color in the fall and early winter months. When I went to Maine for my brother's wedding last winter I went on a sweater buying spree because I realized that the two I had just weren't cutting it. That's the beauty of living in an outlet shopping town! Anyway, I love this. I've been drawn to birds lately, whether in fashion or art.
I know it's frustrating to dig through the unorganized racks of clothes in the clearance section (of most stores) but it's worth the time invested. You end up finding things that you would otherwise miss or pay too much for online or at another store. Plus, I think it's incredibly satisfying to walk away from a mess of clothes with steals under $10.

Go on, covet my mad skills.

1 comment:

Kimba said...

good heavens, you're amazing.

i tried digging through old navy's clearance a little while ago, but gave up. next time i'm going at night without wy, the stroller / diaper bag combination was a killer. :)

you should be a personal shopper.