Sunday, July 3, 2011

FASHION SHOW, FASHION SHOW! FASHION SHOW AT LUNCH!

The only hitch with this vintage dress is the fact that it isn't lined. But that's nothing a slip can't remedy.

It's designed to have a belt, but when I got this from the swap it didn't have one. Thankfully, I have this belt I think I got second-hand from Melissa when I dove through a giant box of her old clothes.


Mikki dyed this dress periwinkle, and I love that it has such subtle color to it. I can style this a lot of different ways and get a lot of use out of such a well-preserved and well-structured dress. I'm really excited for Kev to replace the zipper though, because in it's current, delicate state I can't zip it myself.

Do you wear vintage? It's not something I specifically seek, but if I come across a beauty like this (especially for free) I don't care if the item is 100 years old or just made yesterday.

5 comments:

mary plus vince said...

i am absolutely in love with that dress! what a find!! you look gorgeous in it!

Matt and Jade said...

I love this dress. It's so beautiful. You look good in it.

Matt and Alissa said...

That is a super cute dress. I have one that I don't know where I got it from, but it totally from the 40s and I love it. I would totally wear it, but it way too small for me, and I don't think Matt would dig it. If I ever can fit in it, I would totally wear it to something though, even if it is just for Halloween.

Meagan said...

That dress is totally gorgeous! Would you be interested in linking it up on my thrifting photo link up? I host it every week!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Devin said...

This dress is so sweet and adorable! That fabric is gorgeous. Love it with the black belt and shoes :)