Friday, May 27, 2011

Deal of my day

After a less-than-stellar start to the morning (tantrum, anyone?) I finally got Aspen calmed and collected. While she played at my feet with an empty plastic cup, I browsed Gilt Groupe for the heck of it.

I'm so glad I did because I found this yarn kit for $15. It has 6 colors (50 yards each) needles, hook and instructions for kids to learn how to knit.

Aspen is never going to see this "toy" because I'm keeping it for myself. I'm going to learn how to knit! Who cares if the instructions are illustrated and written for children? That just means it might be even easier for me.

I also picked up a sweet little cardi ($7) and a bath toy ($7) for the wee one. I felt it only fair after buying myself the knitting starter kit. I'll probably save the bath toy for her birthday because I'm realizing I have yet to get anything for her. Not to mention the fact that I like to introduce new-to-her toys very sporadically so as not to let her get bored of them all at once.

If you haven't yet joined Gilt Groupe, do it! And while you're at it, sign up for Groupon. You can score amazing deals for your city, and you also have access to online deals that are being featured all over the nation. Meaning, you might find a great coupon being advertised to New Yorkers, but since the coupon's redeemable online, you can still benefit from it.

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Arg! I seriously wish we were closer. I would help teach you to knit. (Although I crochet a lot more these days.) Once you get started, there are a lot of helpful videos on the web. Knit Witch is awesome. http://knitwitch.com/index.htm