Monday, August 30, 2010

A new twist on Farr's ice cream.

On Thursday night, my mom, Kev and the babies (Aspen and Maddie) went to the Riverdale dog park. After Maddie had a load of fun sniffing other dog bums and running around, we piled back in the car and stopped at the new Farr's ice cream shop on the corner of Riverdale Rd and Wall Ave.

Stop reading this post and get over there right now.

As soon as we walked in I commented that it seems to be the Farr's ice cream for the new generation. The tables are topped with industrial metal and there is a completely different vibe than the old-school versions of the two other Farr's shops in Ogden.

This Farr's offers a selection of delicious soft-serve ice cream with dozens of topping options. Ice cream lovers such as myself can pick a cup and mix/match flavors and toppings to our hearts' contents. The soft-serve is weighed and billed by the ounce so you can choose how much bang you get for your buck.

I mixed orange creme with strawberry and then I died and went to heaven.

If you like soft-serve, custard and/or frozen yogurt, then I recommend you visit this new Farr's. I believe there's one in the Orem area as well (Sophia, check it out for me and have some soft-serve for dinner, will you? I know you like that). The best part for me is that you're invited to sample the flavors and the cups they offer for the task are HUGE. Like, I almost helped myself to a handful of samples and called it good.

Please go, and tell me what you mix up.

No comments: