Thursday, July 29, 2010

We've always had a healthy appreciation of carbs in my family. We ARE Italian, afterall.

Last weekend I took a drive to Logan to visit with some old friends and get a free Mary Kay facial (thanks girls!).

To add to the fun, we ate at Firehouse Pizzeria on Main Street and it was so good I almost wish I hadn't.

The focaccia bread that came with my pasta (chicken penne with artichoke, spinach, cheese and bacon) was so good I wanted to cry. I joked with the girls that I wouldn't need to eat dinner because our late lunch was so filling. Then I admitted I'd probably eat the leftovers in an hour when I got back into Ogden.

So true.

Even reheated in the microwave, the cheesy focaccia was SO FREAKIN' GOOD. Now I'm going to have to drive up to Logan every week to satisfy my bread craving. And I won't have any stupid excuses like pregnancy to make me seem less crazy.

How soon until babies can start eating solids? I'm thinking Firehouse focaccia bread will be our first meal real meal together.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Don't forget you still get to eat like you're pregnant as long as you're nursing. Baby needs all those extra calories.