Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wardrobe malfunction.

While in SLC for my birthday, I realized I'd made a packing mistake. I'd packed a bright red and a hot pink bra for the trip. Both of which showed through the white shirt I planned to wear on Saturday.

I covered up with a wrap, but as the weather warmed, I knew I couldn't keep the outfit on all day. GAP swooped in and saved the day with a $7.00 boyfriend tee in pale pink, and a white tank for less than $3.

Being a boy-fit tee, it easily goes over my baby bump while still giving me some shape. Truly a life-saver.

And although I'm disappointed that I was over-charged $10 for this tee (it was marked at $17.99 but I paid $27.99 and didn't notice until I got home) I'm happy that I added this button-up to my wardrobe.

At nearly six-months pregnant it's a tiny bit tight, but I know I'll fit into it after the baby comes. I've set reasonable goals for myself regarding my post-pregnancy body: I don't buy six 6 pants believeing I'll fit into them. But I will buy items slightly too small now that I know will fit when my stomach is no longer the size of a basketball.

I suppose the best alternative would be to stop buying non-maternity clothes, but at such great deals, I can't always make myself pass them up.

No comments: