Monday, March 8, 2010

Two things I'm not into.

I don't think your baby girl looks ugly in a giant headband, but please don't expect me to put one on my own child. She will probably be bald until she's two, and I'm okay with people thinking she's a boy.

Another thing I'm not into? 4D ultrasounds. When I received my first one last month, I discreetly tucked it away and have refused to look at it since. I don't think they're adorable. I think they're creepy. As long as the doctor can see that my pilates buddy is healthy, then I'm fine. I don't need to see that mushy ultrasound myself. People always told me "oh you'll LOVE it when it's your own baby." I'm sorry, but I do not.

That's all for now.

5 comments:

Genavee said...

Calling them 4D has always cracked my up. They're barely 3D, where does to fourth dimension come from?

Emilie said...

I'm totally with you on the headband thing. Have wanted to say something for a long time, but ... you know ... people get offended. I'm fine with small headbands, but don't people understand their poor little girls' heads probably get tired from holding up something the size of their face?

Kimba said...

With you on both accounts! I think small headbands are fine, but what's with the gerber daisy larger than their head? Can't and won't do it.

Everyone kept asking me if I was going to do the Fetal Fotos. Never. I think they're creepy too! I enjoyed the regular ultrasound, but I do not need to see my baby all creepy and orange-like. I can wait.

Holly said...

Um thank you. I'm not a fan of those either. I haven't had an ultrasound since 20 weeks because I've had a healthy pregnancy and they only do it again if they think something might be wrong. Another thing is that I don't want to spend freaking $150 to see a weird picture of me baby that is going to be in my arms in a few weeks.

And that headband is HUGE!! Bahaha!! I should make a little boy version but have it be a tiny weird cowboy or Charlie Chaplin looking hat hahaha- it really looks THAT ridiculous.

hvoorhees said...

What I appreicate most are your last two sentences. Since I was 15, people told me, "Oh, you'll love your OWN baby." And I pooh-poohed them, saying, "First off, you don't know that. Secondly, what if I don't?"

I know that's a much, much bigger issue than baby headbands, but it's nice to hear that, even when pregnant, not all of those yea-sayers' predictions magically come true. Sometimes, you like what you like and you don't what you don't and that's that!