Friday, August 7, 2009

Monhegan Island


I am one tired tourist.

I'm losing my voice. My face is sunburned. My lips are chapped. My lobster from last night cut my finger open.

I also miss my Kev and Maddie very, very much.

But I'm having fun.

I spent the day on Monhegan Island with my parentals.

Then I made a quick trip to the mall with Sophia.

We bought coordinating jackets.

Here are about 6 kajillion photos for your viewing pleasure.

Leaving Booth Bay Harbor, Maine.

On Monhegan Island.

The D. T. Sheridan. It crashed on the shores of Monhegan back in the 40s. Poor little tugboat.

A dark storm rolled over the island about an hour before our ferry was scheduled to take us back to Booth Bay. 

It was a bit unpleasant. And so was almost tossing my cookies on the ferry when we were finally on our way. There has already been too much barfing on this trip!

Thankfully I held it in.

It was a good day.

5 comments:

Andi said...

Wow! It looks so perfect, it's hard to believe it's real!

Kimba said...

Swoon. Sigh. I'm in love.

Also, so glad you didn't puke again. :) Enough with the puking! No more puking on your trip!

yours truly dear said...

aww i miss maine

Heather V. said...

That is a frickin' amazing cat!

Liv said...

I tried to get a better picture but then the owner of the B&B came out to get the cat b/c of the storm. And there I was, standing on the walk way stalking it with my camera.