Monday, August 10, 2009

I've always loved this staircase.



Built in the late 1800s, some of this house has original features that are quite indicative of New England charm and architecture.

The staircase at the front of my parents' house is one of those features. It's much more alluring than the 1970s addition in the back of the house. I think there are too many layers of linoleum on the floor to count, and I really really don't know why the previous owners had a hot tub in what became my room over the kitchen.

That didn't make any sense to me at all.

Anyway. You can obviously see why I love the staircase. If you can't, duh. Seriously. You need help. 

2 comments:

Liv said...

I forgot to mention the Harry Potter cupboard under the stairs! Definitely worth noting.

Mike and Nikki said...

I love, love reading about your Maine trip. You should totally write a novel. You make me wish I were there.