Friday, July 17, 2009

I always wanted to be a singer when I was younger.

I have heard talk of Regina Spektor non-stop. She's an artist adored by many blog-writers I enjoy, and she's a favorite of some of my co-workers. I'd never heard her music and known it was her. I do that a lot now. I've fallen out of the music scene and I rely a lot on Kev to introduce to me great music. That's a perk of him being a former DJ. Last night he was in SLC listening to a band called The Black Keys. Don't ask me who they are.

I digress. The point is to make you fall in love with Regina Spektor as I have this week. She's wonderfully talented. Her voice. Her piano. I love the piano. I'd marry one if I knew how to play.



Magical, isn't it? Like raindrops falling on a lake. In a field of wildflowers. And while this particular song is quite sad, it's still so beautiful. I'd like to leave you with one more.



Now go have a lovely day, courtesy of Regina.

No comments: